There has been a strong Methodist presence in Headington since the 19th century.
Following the building of a Chapel in Quarry High Street in 1860 (now occupied by the Cornerstone Christian Centre), there was need for further development in New Headington and so the vision for another Methodist cause was born.
A Methodist Chapel was subsequently opened in March 1889 in New High Street and this is now used as the Church Hall. The current Church on Lime Walk was opened in May 1932 and has been refurbished inside in recent years.
Lime Walk cherishes its past history but also seeks to serve the present age.
We value being part of the Oxford Methodist Circuit and Churches Together in Headington as we continue to fulfill our mission to ‘worship God and share His love with all.’